Kitty maximize on open

Hi, recently I noticed that when opening kitty it starts like a “maximized window” no matter if I have set the window to float or not. No matter if other windows are present in the current workspace. If I just grab and drag the window a bit with hl.dsp.window.drag() it returns to its tiled position if other windows are present on the current workspace.

I have also tried to use the option “–start-as normal” but it insists on starting like a “maximized window”.

Do anyone else have this behaviour? It might be a bug or might be a misconfiguration on my end.

Running:

Hyprland 0.56.2 built from branch v0.56.2 at commit efb50993780079460b0cbed1363e2166a2de1d9f clean ([gha] Nix: update inputs).

Arch linux installation.

See: Kitty takes up full space of workspace every time it is opened regardless if it is the only window or not until it is moved · hyprwm/Hyprland · Discussion #16404 · GitHub

In kitty.conf…

remember_window_size no

Thanks, you are a life saver, so I went from:

.config/kitty/kitty.conf

# remember_window_size yes

to

.config/kitty/kitty.conf

remember_window_size no

Now kitty behaves as before, thanks!